We’re going to pack a lot into this post! The Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards were last Sunday, and some of the stars seemed to shine just a bit brighter at the awards bestowed by their peers. Perhaps it was also that the Red Carpet had them facing the late afternoon sun (California time; full-on evening drag at 4:00 PM), and it burnished them like Goddesses. The gowns were truly outstanding, and there were many more “hits” than “misses.” Here are a few of our favorites:
Viola Davis: With golden eye makeup to match her stunning Marchesa gold-embroidered, Grecian-style gown, Best Actress for “The Help,” Viola Davis absolutely shined. ColorOn’s 14 Karat instant eye shadow from the Metallics Variety Kit will give you the same look, and is highly pigmented enough for even the deepest skin tones. All of our instant eye shadows have an intense color payoff of the creamy mineral shadows for just that reason. Winged black eye liner, a sweep of matte bronzer, and a sheer copper gloss complete her “heavy metal” look.
Archie Panjabi: The exotic actress, part of the cast of the TV series “The Good Wife,” but always remembered as the bride from “Bend it Like Beckham,” went to the opposite end of the metal spectrum, using platinum, silver, and pewter to create a smokey eye that pops instead of recedes, complementing her Carolina Herrera onyx one-shoulder silk tuxedo gown and major diamond tassel earrings. You can get a similar look by starting with ColorOn’s Platinum & Pearls from the Metallics Variety Kit, then using our Smooth Patina Silver Shimmer loose minerals as a contour, and Smooth Black Star Blue Shimmer along the lash line. Instead of the strip of false lashes (unless you’re REALLY good with them), apply an extra coat or two of mascara to the lashes at the outer third of the eye, allowing the lashes to dry between coats. A pop of color with a satiny raspberry lipstick, and you’ve duplicated the same elegant look.
Amber Heard: “The Playboy Club” actress has been lauded all season for her award show fashion choices, and the SAG Awards were no different. But instead of her usual “Old Hollywood” hair and makeup, she opted for a contemporary updo and monochromatic bronzed makeup that made her green eyes really pop and were a perfect foil for her black Zac Posen gown with plenty of strategic cutouts.
You can achieve the same look with ColorOn’s Bronze Goddess instant eye shadow from the Metallics Variety Kit, bringing the shadow all the way up to the brow, and using the extra creamy mineral shadow from the cover film to line below the lower lash line, totally encircling the eye. Black mascara, a bronzed highlighter on the tops of the cheekbones, and a matte nude lip with pink undertones balance out the metallic eye without going overboard. A shimmer or shiny lipgloss or lipstick would have been too much. The trick with metallics and shimmers is to pick just one feature or area of concentration. Otherwise you risk looking like you just escaped from MTV circa the 1980s.
Of course, we have to mention the Limited Edition Valentine’s Kits: Lavender Love, Sweet Heart, and Sexy Valentine, which come with everything you need to create a special look for this especially romantic holiday.
- Lavender Love: A playful look in purple, this lavender-and-amethyst shadow combination sends a heartfelt message of peace and love. Beautiful amethyst shadow adorns your eyelid, shading to sweet lavender on your brow bone, highlighted with plummy peace signs and hearts. The kit comes with three sets of “Peace and Love” instant eye shadows, our shimmering Setting Powder #2, and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter. What better way to promote peace and love that with a look that says it all?
- Sweet Heart: Like Valentine’s candy for your eyes, this cotton-candy pink design has it all: white polka dots on a field of pretty pink for your lids, shading to a sweep of the same kissable color on your brow bone, adorned with two white hearts outlined in red. Close your eyes, and he’ll feel the love. The kit comes with three sets of “Deeply in Love” instant eye shadows, our shimmering Setting Powder #2, and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter. Your sweetheart will know just how you feel without you ever saying a word!
- Sexy Valentine: For a very grown-up Valentine’s Day, tell your sweetheart like it is with these slightly naughty eye looks.
- Start that special conversation with your eyes, and never say a word. One look says it all: Very. Sexy. Beautiful shades of honeysuckle pink, vibrant turquoise, and bright chartreuse with black polka dots adorn your lids, below those two very important words, one on each brow bone.
The kit comes with shimmery Setting Powder #2 and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter.
Remember that ColorOn…Professional is THE ORIGINAL, patented instant eye shadow applicator product. All similar products on the market are inferior and many are even patent infringements. We are:
- The original 24-hour eye shadows.
- ColorOn is Waterproof.
- ColorOn has a built-in primer.
- ColorOn instant eye shadows start your day and last through the night.
Need a tutorial? Watch the video on the website for application tips and tricks.
Now, the Winner’s Circle. This week’s lucky eVIP to win our random drawing for a free 10-application Custom Kit is Denia Baron of Lafayette, Louisiana. She’ll be watching her mailbox next to see what beautiful surprise we send her. As always, we encourage our Winners Circle members to post their experiences on our Facebook Fan Page once they’ve had time to play with their new makeup, so that all of you get the benefit of real feedback on the products. Not an eVIP? Sign up now on the website.
Have a glorious week!