Welcome to another jam-packed Friday blog post from ColorOn! We’ve some on-trend smokey eyes to show you, created with a palette of bright colors in a range of happy tones, resulting in a sexy-yet-wide-eyed look; quite the interesting juxtaposition. It’s a very alluring look, as you can see…
Olivia Palermo/Brown and Metallic Purple: New York Fashion Week media darling and front-row habitue Olivia Palermo creates a modified Cat’s-Eye makeup using a muted brown based and layering metallic purple shadow over it, blending it to jut out only slightly on the edges. She also smudged the same shadow along the lower lash line, drawing it upwards towards the tail of the eyebrow. This creates a shapely but less harsh effect than true cat’s-eye liner. Start with ColorOn’s Ibiza instant eye shadow from the Bestsellers Variety Kit, with its gradient brown and beige as your base, then layer on our Smooth Purple Royale Shimmer. Black mascara and barely there cheek and lip color allow the eye makeup to work its magic, bringing out the different shades of brown in her eyes.
Jayma Mays/Yellow and Green: At the SAG Awards, Jayma Mays wore a gorgeous long-sleeved sequined grey/black gown — very severe, very sexy — setting off her red hair and fair coloring.
So her bright green and yellow smoked shadows and black eyeliner really popped, bringing out the copper flecks in her hazel brown eyes. You can recreate this look by choosing Envy, a gradient green and yellow instant eye shadow combination from the Naturally Warmer Variety Kit, confining the intense color from lash line to the crease, winging it out just a bit along the curve of the brow bone at the outer corner of the eyes. Deep black eyeliner, either liquid, pencil, or using our ColorOn Smooth Black Shimmer loose mineral pigment, is drawn along the upper and lower lash lines, encircling the entire eye. Lots of black mascara, with an extra coat or two on the lashes at the outer third of each eye, will give a good approximation of her partial false eyelashes. The rest of the face is very neutral, offsetting all the color around the eye and her vivid hair. And contrary to Old School rules, Jayma’s creamy pink blush and lipstick do not clash with her fiery hair.
Mila Kunis/Plums and Lilac: Mila Kunis looks fresh and modern with her deep smokey plum, purple, and silvery lavender shadows concentrated on the lid and brow bone, and the pale shimmery lavender below the eye.
The same look can be achieved using ColorOn’s Fairy Pink, a sexy smokey eye in the shimmer sunset shades of dusky pink, smokey amethyst and deep merlot, from the Dreams Variety Kit.Use a domed shadow brush or an eyeliner brush (depending on how thick you want it) to take some of the creamy mineral shadow and line under the lower lashes. Finish with black eyeliner inside the waterline and plenty of mascara. Mila keeps her blush and lipgloss in the same color family, but very light and sheer.
And even though it’s just four days away, we have to mention the Limited Edition Valentine’s Kits: Lavender Love, Sweet Heart, and Sexy Valentine, which come with everything you need to create a special look for this especially romantic holiday, or perhaps for your anniversary, or maybe just hold them in reserve for when you’re feeling like it’s time for something very special…
- Lavender Love: A playful look in purple, this lavender-and-amethyst shadow combination sends a heartfelt message of peace and love. Beautiful amethyst shadow adorns your eyelid, shading to sweet lavender on your brow bone, highlighted with plummy peace signs and hearts. The kit comes with three sets of “Peace and Love” instant eye shadows, our shimmering Setting Powder #2, and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter. What better way to promote peace and love that with a look that says it all?
- Sweet Heart: Like Valentine’s candy for your eyes, this cotton-candy pink design has it all: white polka dots on a field of pretty pink for your lids, shading to a sweep of the same kissable color on your brow bone, adorned with two white hearts outlined in red. Close your eyes, and he’ll feel the love. The kit comes with three sets of “Deeply in Love” instant eye shadows, our shimmering Setting Powder #2, and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter. Your sweetheart will know just how you feel without you ever saying a word!
- Sexy Valentine: For a very grown-up Valentine’s Day, tell your sweetheart like it is with these slightly naughty eye looks.
- Start that special conversation with your eyes, and never say a word. One look says it all: Very. Sexy. Beautiful shades of honeysuckle pink, vibrant turquoise, and bright chartreuse with black polka dots adorn your lids, below those two very important words, one on each brow bone.
The kit comes with shimmery Setting Powder #2 and a pot of our loose mineral Metallic Silver Glitter.
Remember that ColorOn…Professional is THE ORIGINAL, patented instant eye shadow applicator product. All similar products on the market are inferior and many are even patent infringements. We are:
- The original 24-hour eye shadows.
- ColorOn is Waterproof.
- ColorOn has a built-in primer.
- ColorOn instant eye shadows start your day and last through the night.
Need a tutorial? Watch the video on the website for application tips and tricks.
And last — but never, ever least — the Winner’s Circle. This week’s lucky eVIPto winner in our random drawing for a free 10-application Custom Kit is Sherine Patrick of Brooklyn, New York. She’ll be watching her mailbox next to see what beautiful surprise we send her. As always, we encourage our Winners Circle members to post their experiences on our Facebook Fan Page once they’ve had time to play with their new makeup, so that all of you get the benefit of real feedback on the products. Not an eVIP? Sign up now on the website.
Have a fabulous Fashion Week, if you’re watching the coverage, and remember The Grammy Awards are on Sunday night. We’ll be talking about what we thought of the makeup and looks there in the next post! The Grammy’s are always good for a fashion excess or six, so it’s certainly never a dull moment. We’re hotly anticipating what Nikki Minaj will wear; she’s a living, breathing avatar for the wild excesses of fashion and beauty that pop up in our minds and are dismissed as impossible if we want to stay employed. And will Katy Perry’s hair still be blue? We need to know!